Monday, July 21, 2008

I Love My Job! - Paul Hintze - Tech Writer

What is your name? Paul S. Hintze.
What is your job title? Technical writer.
Who is your employer? Genuine Innovations.
What services do you or your employer provide? Genuine Innovations manufactures CO2-powered inflation products for the bicycle and motorsports industries, and custom solutions requiring special valves for gas-powered applications. My primary job is writing instructions on assembling inflators and custom valves for the production staff. I also photograph the assembly process and photograph products for our Web sites and advertisements.
How long have you been at this position and/or in this business? 41/2 years manufacturing, and 7 years in technical writing.
What led you to this career? I was hired at a software company to test captioning software. When someone was needed to write manuals for court reporting and captioning software, I volunteered.
What do you find most rewarding about this job? I interact with a wide variety of people, from engineering to sales. I use the knowledge I gain from talking with the department heads and write the detailed instructions and take photographs showing the assembly process. I am able to watch an idea on the drawing board become a product and am personally involved with almost all of the process. Plus, I get to do two things I enjoy—photography and writing.
Is there anything else you would like to tell us about your job or employer? Genuine Innovations is a relatively small company but we’re committed to providing quality products and services to a wide variety of end users. Our products are sold worldwide and enjoy an excellent reputation. Everyone wears several different hats, which keeps us all busy without becoming bored.
How can people find out more about career opportunities with your organization? Contact Human Resources at 520-295-3936, http://www.genuineinnovations.com/ or watch for opportunities in the newspaper classifieds.

TEXT from ARIZONA DAILY STAR – JUNE 22, 2008 EMPLOYMENT CLASSIFIEDS SECTION

No comments: